Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Health Care

A hot topic going back to Hillary Clinton in 1992 is health care, or more specifically universal health care. According to many, if global warming does not kill us, just getting sick will because as a country, our health-care system is awful. Instead of fine tuning a system that could use, well, fine tuning, many would prefer to throw out the baby with the bath water and have an entirely new universal health coverage system. After all, they say, we are the only industrialized country who does not have it. We are also the only country that does not like soccer so what does that say? Sorry, I digress. It is true that in Canada and Europe every citizen has health coverage, and it works great so long as you don't get sick. Once you are diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, or other potentially terminal illness, it takes so long to see a treating physician, time necessary to treat the disease, mortality rates become higher than in the United States. Please read the following article for more of my opinion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-tanner5apr05,0,2227144.story?coll=la-opinion-rightrail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a fence riding libertarian myself, I couldn't agree more. Stop with the Universal Health Care, Stop with the No Child Left Behind, Stop!!!! I believe I would get crushed in the primaries, but I would love to run on ticket whose platform was "I'm firing most of the people in Washington. I'll do what I can to protect our military and financial interests. The Rest is Your Responsibility, America. Sack up, whiny bitches."